Join Jem Schofield for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of commercial project, part of Advanced Cinematic Video Lighting.
- [Narrator] Exercise drives your mind, body, and spirit.…It's everything you are.…H+ Sport gives back what your body needs.…It quenches your thirst,…replenishes 20 essential vitamins and minerals,…and boosts cell repair with natural antioxidants.…And H+ Sport does all that with absolutely no sugar,…artificial flavors, or preservatives.…H+ Sport: natural re-hydration.…
- Okay, completely different day here.…And we are now getting into the commercial shoots.…And this is a very different way…of approaching your days, your lighting,…everything else.…Even though, I would say…in today's commercial world…we do see a lot of spots…that have dramatic, more moody,…sort of narrative based lighting,…when we think about commercials,…for the most part,…what we're trying to do…is we're trying to sell a product and or service,…and so we're really thinking about brand focus,…we're thinking about marketing,…we're thinking about call to action.…
So what's our goal?…Our goal is to get the people on the other side of there…to want this.…
In this project-based course, producer, DP, and educator Jem Schofield of theC47 guides you through three different production scenarios: a narrative scene, a commercial project, and a corporate project. As in his original course, Cinematic Video Lighting, Jem doesn't just talk at you about lighting concepts, he appears on set with a crew, taking you through each project scenario and breaking down the creative decisions that helped accomplish the look and feel of each production. He goes into the equipment, space, and of course, the lighting setups for each project.
- Lighting large spaces
- Creating mood with lighting and color
- Lighting products within a scene
- Lighting outside environments
- Shooting actor close-ups
- Lighting with professional and natural lights