Join Jem Schofield for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Advanced Cinematic Video Lighting.
- So that's a wrap on advance cinematic video lighting,…and I cannot believe what we accomplished in the week.…It was ridiculous, actually.…Crew is wrapping here.…Fantastic group of people to work with,…and that's the first lesson of everything,…find great people to work with that are passionate…about learning their craft.…That's what this is all about, enjoying what you do…and telling stories.…For me, it's really about going into a project…and figuring out what is it that we want it to look like,…and then working with your crew to accomplish that,…working with your talent to accomplish that.…
It's all of these pieces working together.…Be adventuresome, try new things.…Of course we're going to be put into situations…where you're doing a corporate shoot with a CEO…and you have to do it the same way sometimes.…But when you have the opportunity…and you can stretch, push yourself.…And when you're not shooting, push yourself.…Learn more about light, look at light,…mix different lights, and modify and shape that light.…
In this project-based course, producer, DP, and educator Jem Schofield of theC47 guides you through three different production scenarios: a narrative scene, a commercial project, and a corporate project. As in his original course, Cinematic Video Lighting, Jem doesn't just talk at you about lighting concepts, he appears on set with a crew, taking you through each project scenario and breaking down the creative decisions that helped accomplish the look and feel of each production. He goes into the equipment, space, and of course, the lighting setups for each project.
- Lighting large spaces
- Creating mood with lighting and color
- Lighting products within a scene
- Lighting outside environments
- Shooting actor close-ups
- Lighting with professional and natural lights