Join Jem Schofield for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting with professional and natural lights, part of Advanced Cinematic Video Lighting.
- Okay, so I'm back with Vivian, how are you?…- Good, how are you?…- I'm doing well, and so Vivian is our…talent for our H+ commercial spot,…and what I want to do is break down all of…the lights that we're using here,…and we actually finished just now the first setup,…and we're going to take a look at turning on each of these,…obviously, it's daytime, so we have some…motivation here, and we have a little bit of…ambiance that's already playing, and the…discussion that I had yesterday with the crew…kind of changed overnight, and this happens,…I had a realization that we were looking at…a smaller crew, I kind of found out from Greg…what our fixtures were, and decided that…instead of shooting in this direction,…where we were going to see outside, and we were…going to kind of see what was going on over there,…that we would need much bigger sources to do that,…so we made a shift, and we are now shooting…in this direction, into this corner for our first setup.…
Plays a little bit more realistic, for me,…and I definitely want to obviously have a bright…
In this project-based course, producer, DP, and educator Jem Schofield of theC47 guides you through three different production scenarios: a narrative scene, a commercial project, and a corporate project. As in his original course, Cinematic Video Lighting, Jem doesn't just talk at you about lighting concepts, he appears on set with a crew, taking you through each project scenario and breaking down the creative decisions that helped accomplish the look and feel of each production. He goes into the equipment, space, and of course, the lighting setups for each project.
- Lighting large spaces
- Creating mood with lighting and color
- Lighting products within a scene
- Lighting outside environments
- Shooting actor close-ups
- Lighting with professional and natural lights