Join Eduardo Angel for an in-depth discussion in this video Using viewfinder apps, part of Cinematic Composition for Video Productions.
- We traditionally have relied…on the director's viewfinder…to simulate the field of view…of a camera in lens combination,…and plan our shots.…Recently, compact digital cameras…with powerful zooms have become quite popular.…And they also allow us to capture stills…to be used later on our storyboards.…Additionally, there are many mobile applications,…some of them even free,…that not only mimic traditional director's viewfinder…but more accurately preview many lens…and sensor size combinations.…
And even include essential tools for location scouting…such as weather forecasts, a compass and GPS data.…
- The basics of composition
- Exploring the rule of thirds
- Comparing balanced and unbalanced compositions
- Understanding the importance of using establishing shots
- Working with point of view
- Modifying the height of the camera
- Understanding the lines of a scene
- Creating depth
- Incorporating unusual or unexpected angles
- Knowing when to break the rules
- Using viewfinder apps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Interviewswith Anthony Q. Artis1h 55m Appropriate for all
Video Production: Location Lightingwith Anthony Q. Artis59m 39s Appropriate for all
Camera Movement for Video Productionswith Eduardo Angel46m 52s Appropriate for all
1. Framing a Shot: The Basics of Composition
2. Establishing a Scene
3. Perspective and Movement
4. Dynamic Composition
5. Breaking the Rules
6. Technical Considerations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.