Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video The collaboration and alignment of visions, part of Filmmaking Forum: Conversations.
- Hi everyone.…In this episode of the Filmmaking Forum Conversations course…we're going to really dig into a very important part…of what filmmaking is all about,…which is the art of collaboration.…This week's filmmakers and editors…discuss smart collaboration strategies,…as well as encouraging productive pushback,…the importance of aligning personalities and visions,…and so much more.…I hope you enjoy.…- One of the most wonderful things about making a film…is this idea of lots of artists coming together,…it's the collaboration and with that is a difficulty.…
So I think as you're working on a script…and then you're actually shooting a film…and the logistics and the cast and the crew,…there's lots things that are ultimately out of your hands.…- I think the greatest thing about film-making…is the fact that it's a very collaborative effort.…You start out with this ball that you have…and then you start passing that ball around,…and by the time that ball comes back to you…it's something a little bit different than what you…
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Nurturing the Body and Mind: Talking about Health and Knowledge
Working Well with Clients
Collaboration and Communication: Aligning Visions and Elevating the Project
Importance of Trust and Trying Things Out
Wonderful World of Editing
Art of Watching: Screening Dailies and Getting Feedback
Working Well with Assistant Editors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.