- Hi, everyone.…In this episode…of the Film Making Forum Conversations Course…we're going to talk all about the wonderful art of editing.…Diving into the notion of editing from the gut,…as well as breakdown what it actually is,…the juxtaposition of images and sound,…and how powerful it is to guide the audience's perception.…We discuss how it's both a solitary and a collaborative art…and much more.…I hope you enjoy.…- [Voiceover] Editing is beautiful, it's like music.…It's all about rhythm and feel and flow.…
- [Voiceover] Editing is an incredibly potent…storytelling tool when you use everything…you've got at your disposal.…- The true value of editing has to do…with how you most involve the audience…in going through the story that you wanna tell.…And once people sort of discover that,…it opens up an entire world of possibilities in editing.…Oh, just by swapping those two scenes,…I now like this character more than I did before.…Wow, hadn't thought about that.…
So, there's so many…possibilities in editing that people don't even think about.…
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Intermediate
Nurturing the Body and Mind: Talking about Health and Knowledge
Working Well with Clients
Collaboration and Communication: Aligning Visions and Elevating the Project
Importance of Trust and Trying Things Out
Wonderful World of Editing
Art of Watching: Screening Dailies and Getting Feedback
Working Well with Assistant Editors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.