Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Welcome, part of Filmmaking Forum: Conversations.
- Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy, welcome to the…Filmmaking Forum: Conversations Course.…In this bi-weekly series, you'll hear…from many different film professionals…about all things filmmaking.…From the planning, to the production,…to the editing, and beyond.…Dozens of topics that really delve…into different subjects, approaches, and viewpoints…of what it takes to make a great film.…And just so you know, this is definitely…a brand new format for a lynda.com course.…I interviewed experts from all over the world via Skype…and excerpts from these conversations have been edited…together to form the backbone of this course.…
So it's quite a different style,…but even though the video and audio quality…aren't quite the benchmark of a typical lynda.com course,…I really think that you'll find…the content within to be of great value.…And just so you know, this course is going…to be released bi-weekly in conjunction…with its sister course the…Filmmaking Forum: Scene Analysis Series,…in which these same filmmakers talk…in detail about their own work.…
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Nurturing the Body and Mind: Talking about Health and Knowledge
Working Well with Clients
Collaboration and Communication: Aligning Visions and Elevating the Project
Importance of Trust and Trying Things Out
Wonderful World of Editing
Art of Watching: Screening Dailies and Getting Feedback
Working Well with Assistant Editors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.