- Hi, I'm Ashley Kennedy, welcome to the Filmmaking Forum: Conversations Course. In this bi-weekly series, you'll hear from many different film professionals about all things filmmaking. From the planning, to the production, to the editing, and beyond. Dozens of topics that really delve into different subjects, approaches, and viewpoints of what it takes to make a great film. And just so you know, this is definitely a brand new format for a lynda.com course. I interviewed experts from all over the world via Skype and excerpts from these conversations have been edited together to form the backbone of this course.
So it's quite a different style, but even though the video and audio quality aren't quite the benchmark of a typical lynda.com course, I really think that you'll find the content within to be of great value. And just so you know, this course is going to be released bi-weekly in conjunction with its sister course the Filmmaking Forum: Scene Analysis Series, in which these same filmmakers talk in detail about their own work. So logistically, we'll start one week with Conversations, then move the next week to Scene Analysis, Conversations, Scene Analysis and so on.
Okay, so now that you know the drill, let's get started.
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers