Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Trust is essential in all parts of filmmaking, part of Filmmaking Forum: Conversations.
- Hi everyone.…In this episode of the film making forum…conversations course, we're going to talk about trust.…You know, it's funny.…I didn't actually start with this as a topic…that I was going to cover,…but so many of my interview subjects…brought this up on their own,…so it just sort of developed into a topic…begging to be discussed…and we're going to go a bunch of different ways here.…Talking about things like being trustworthy,…having trust on set, in the editing room,…finding those circles of trust for feedback…and much more.…
I hope you enjoy.…- What I really think is important is to learn how to expand…the group of people who know they can trust you.…Just so long as they realize that you're a good person…to work with who gets it and you're trustworthy.…You deliver on your promises…and then just be as helpful, as open…and as collaborative as possible.…- As an editor, when I'm hired to do a documentary,…first of all it's a great honor,…because any producer who has produced…a documentary has put their heart, soul…
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Nurturing the Body and Mind: Talking about Health and Knowledge
Working Well with Clients
Collaboration and Communication: Aligning Visions and Elevating the Project
Importance of Trust and Trying Things Out
Wonderful World of Editing
Art of Watching: Screening Dailies and Getting Feedback
Working Well with Assistant Editors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.