Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers, part of Filmmaking Forum: Conversations.
- Hi everyone.…In this episode of the Filmmaking Forum Conversations course…we're gonna focus on learning in the film world.…And that includes not only the benefits of education…in the film school and non-film school settings,…but also on the important practice of mentoring.…Especially since so many say that the film industry…sometimes seems impossible to break into to.…I hope you enjoy.…- It does give you resources,…it gives you feedback,…and it gives you instructors…that can guide you along the way.…
- A lot of students have a lot more production experience…coming into school than they did in the past,…because if they're really interested…and they're bound to have gotten their parents to buy…them some kind of camera,…and they've shot a lot.…- Our students have changed big time.…So the students who are arriving…at most film schools now…or even film programs within larger schools,…most students have grown up surrounded by media,…which didn't use to be the case.…Even 15 years ago it was much easier…to accept people into our graduate program…
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Nurturing the Body and Mind: Talking about Health and Knowledge
Working Well with Clients
Collaboration and Communication: Aligning Visions and Elevating the Project
Importance of Trust and Trying Things Out
Wonderful World of Editing
Art of Watching: Screening Dailies and Getting Feedback
Working Well with Assistant Editors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.