Join Ashley Kennedy for an in-depth discussion in this video Never say no to trying something out, part of Filmmaking Forum: Conversations.
- Hi everyone.…In this episode of the Filmmaking Forum Conversations course…we're gonna talk about trying things out.…And this is another one of those topics…that so many editors brought up on their own,…and it focuses on the editing collaboration process.…Saying yes to directors when they ask you to try out…an approach even if everything inside of you…is screaming that it won't work.…Try it out anyway, and see how it goes.…Because as many editors said in this episode,…you never know until you try.…I hope you enjoy.…
- I think that's very important with…any creative person is that you can try stuff out.…In an open collaboration, it might not work,…but it's worth trying because you never know…until you physically see two pieces of film…cut together, you don't actually know…what the emotional response is gonna be.…- A lot of times you'll edit something that they want…knowing it doesn't work, and then you will…work with them and work with them…and finally, the end product is kind of like…what I knew was gonna work,…
- Advice for novice filmmakers entering the industry
- Finding, enhancing, and tweaking your story
- Experimenting in filmmaking
- Solving problems and troubleshooting your film
- Changing your approach or finding new angles
- Communicating and collaborating on set and in the edit room—and with clients
- Working on different genres of film
- Teaching and mentoring new filmmakers
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Foundations of Video: The Art of Editingwith Norman Hollyn3h 47m Appropriate for all
New This Week
Nurturing the Body and Mind: Talking about Health and Knowledge
Working Well with Clients
Collaboration and Communication: Aligning Visions and Elevating the Project
Importance of Trust and Trying Things Out
Wonderful World of Editing
Art of Watching: Screening Dailies and Getting Feedback
Working Well with Assistant Editors
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.