- An understanding of mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras
- Evaluating the impact of sensor size
- Recording in-camera and with an external recorder
- Choosing lenses and accessories for 4K cameras
- Adapting 4K cameras with cage and rail systems
- Improving recording quality
- Attaching gimbals
- Capturing 4K video with drones
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi my name is Rich Harrington. - And I'm Jim Ball - And today, we're gonna be exploring popular new cameras with our 4K Workflow class. We're gonna particularly focus on those cameras that are classified as mirrorless. And these cameras have really risen in popularity, haven't they? - I love 'em, I mean I'm used to having big, bulky professional-sized cameras on my shoulder all the time so if I can start throwing in smaller cameras like this in the mix that have comparable quality, especially in the 4K realm, I'm all for it.
- And what we're seeing here is that manufacturers have really risen their game, significant improvements in performance, great low-light performance on some of these cameras, and really high quality files. We have`the option to record both internally and externally, but sometimes there's things we have to do to these cameras to make them a little bit more suited for a video workflow. - [Jim] And we want to take advantage of this compactness whenever we need it cause that's one of the big attractions but sometimes we're gonna need to accessorize them and build them out a little bit to help in the professional operatability and to add accessories and things that are required like external recorders, lens control, filter control, all that stuff, so there are multiple platforms that these things can be used on.
- And throughout this course, we're gonna take a look at some of the other issues you'll face, such as what type of lenses to use, as well as just advice particularly on the recording format. If you're gonna put all of this effort into 4K, its important that you really think about the types of files that you're capturing. So, we've got a lot of things to cover, let's jump in an start to explore.