Beyond navigation, this video covers practical steps to work with the software.
- [Instructor] The UI within Vectorworks is saved…as a prearranged layout.…Each specific version of Vectorworks…has its own unique workspace.…When you become more familiar with the software,…you can also create your own.…Let's take a look at how it's setup right out of the box.…So for mouse controls, you can left mouse click,…just like a typical program, and select things.…Just like you would selecting different panels and tools.…Now if you have a three button mouse,…you can use the middle mouse click,…to activate the pan tool.…
And if you notice, I'm going to hold down this pan tool.…If you look up at the upper left corner of the screen…under the basic's palette, the pan tool is active.…I'm going to let go of the middle mouse button,…and it is off.…So it just activates that pan tool whenever…you middle mouse click.…The right mouse click activates a contextual menu.…So when I right mouse click on any empty area…of our view window,…it brings up a temporary menu bar.…And this has a unique set of commands or options.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.