Annotating documents is important in design. This video covers basic approaches to using annotation tools.
- [Narrator] A set of construction drawings…are meant to provide information for builders.…We have a number of tools to annotate…and present information on our drawings.…We'll take a look at the more common tools.…First, let's look at dimensioning.…So on the left side of our screen,…we're going to go to our tool sets,…and make sure that we are in the Dims/Notes.…So let's go up to the very top option here.…We have Constrained Linear Dimension Tool.…Make that active.…And here, we can have different modes.…
The first one is Constrained Linear Mode.…Let's go ahead and use that, and then…let's make sure that we have the right dimension standards.…For now, we'll just use architecture, or architectural.…So what we'll do is measure the length of the tabletop.…Let's click on the upper-left corner,…or snap to the side anyway.…Remember it's fill it in.…So we're going to click on that first far end,…and then click on the other side.…And now we can drag this up or down.…But let's just position this thing up, right about there.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.