Take a closer look at a few ways you can maneuver around our objects in the view window.
- [Instructor] The view window is where we do…the actual work, so navigating around it…is an important skill to have.…Let's take a closer look at a few ways…we can maneuver around our object.…We're going to take a look at the three most common…navigation tools: pan, zoom, and flyover.…We've already seen pan, and we can use that tool…by clicking the pan tool up in the upper left corner…of our screen here, in the basics palette,…the little hand, give that a high five,…and remember we can also use…the keyboard shortcut H to activate that.…
Now that we have our flying hand around our screen,…we can click and drag and move the view up and down,…or side to side.…Now if our view is too far away,…or too close, we can either zoom in or zoom out.…We can do that by clicking on the zoom tool.…Again that's in the upper left corner of the screen,…in the basics palette, a couple buttons over…from the hand, we have a magnifying glass zoom tool.…And remember the keyboard shortcut is C.…
So let's just click on this tool for now.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.