This is Vectorworks.
- [Instructor] The program we know and love as Vectorworks had humble beginnings as MiniCAD, and had a loyal following. It was one of a few CAD programs for the Apple Macintosh way back when, around the mid 1980s. Today, there are five flavors of Vectorworks 2017, so let's open up the Vectorworks website to check them out. First, we have Designer. This has all the tools in the different versions of Vectorworks. Next, we have Architect. This is a BIM, or Building Information Modeling tool for architecture.
Vectorwork Landmark is a powerful tool for landscape design, and Spotlight provides features for lighting and event designers. Lastly, we have Vectorworks Fundamentals. This has the core feature set for 3D modeling and CAD drafting. We'll be using Vectorworks 2017 Fundamentals in this course. To get more information, visit the Vectorworks website. Vectorworks is a very deep and feature rich software. I encourage you to explore the basic features of Vectorworks 2017, which we'll be doing in this course.
So let's get started.
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.