Symbols help streamline the creation process by providing pre-made objects that can be re-used between files or within a single file.
- [Narrator] Sometimes we need our own custom resources.…Let's convert our table to a symbol resource.…Right now we have two files open.…The utilizing symbols file and the…file with our final table.…If you're using your own file, go ahead and save…it to this folder and have that open.…So, to create a symbol, all the elements need to…be in the same layer.…Right now we have two layers, a tabletop, which is…active, and the table legs.…Let's switch to table legs, go up to the pull down,…table legs, and let's click on all of the 3D objects…that make up that leg.…
Make sure to leave all the 2D flat objects in there.…And in the object info palette, let's go to layer,…and switch that to tabletop.…Now, they're all in the tabletop layer.…Let's organize this a little bit more by going up…to the layers button in the info bar, and in design…layers, let's uncheck that, so the active layer is…going to be tabletop and let's hide the table legs.…Hit okay.…Now we have the table all in the same layer.…
While we have all of this selected,…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.