Learn about different tools, modes, and techniques that are consistent with other tools throughout Vectorworks.
- [Instructor] Now let's make a hard…line drawing of the sketch.…Through this process we won't be concerned…with drafting best practices.…We'll go over different tools, modes, and techniques…that are consistent with other tools through Vectorworks.…First, let's make sure that we're in the right layer.…Let's go up to our pull down menu up above here…in the info bar, and let's switch that to Table Top.…First draw out the table top of this table.…All right, now let's start drawing lines.…Let's go to the Basic pallette…and click on the line tool,…and click anywhere on the left side of that table top,…and drag over, and let's draw anywhere on the other side,…just roughly eight feet.…
Now that we have that line selected,…let's go over to the Object Info palette.…Toward the middle we have a delta X.…That tells us the length of that line in the X direction.…Since it's perfectly horizontal,…let's change that to eight feet.…And now we know that that is exactly eight feet.…So, while we have that line selected,…let's go ahead and duplicate it by using the Offset Tool.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.