Learn about layers, including design layers.
- [Instructor] Manual drafting is primarily done…on individual sheets of transparent or translucent paper.…Vectorworks has a similar system called layers.…There are two kinds of layers,…one for design,…and the other for presentation sheets.…Let's take a look at the design layers.…In the info bar,…a little bit left of center here,…we have a pull-down,…that when we hover over it says the active layer,…so this is the active layer pull-down.…So here we can click,…and see what layer we have available,…and which one is active.…
So right now, we have design layer 1 active,…let's see what items are in design layer 1.…So we hover over the different elements here,…we have a table, and the different chairs.…Let's select one of these chairs.…In the object info palette,…on the right side of the screen,…the lower right side of the screen,…we have a layer pull-down…and it shows design layer 1.…So this is the layer that the selected object is in,…and I'm going to do that for the tabletop,…it says the same thing.…
We have different info,…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.