Set up your final presentation. Set up sheet layers and viewports. Take a look at creating rendered 3D viewports. We establish the sheet border and the title block.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our design,…we'll go over a simple approach…to a basic sheet setup.…If you've been following along…and you have your own design,…organize it with two layers,…with all your 2D drawings on one layer…and your 3D symbol on another.…Let's look at that here.…The Layer pull-down,…we have Table Plans and 3D Table.…Now while we're here,…let's go ahead and make a new sheet.…So we're going to name this sheet T for table dash zero one.…
Let's call this Table Plans and hit OK…or Enter on the keyboard.…And there we have our 8.5 x 11 sheet.…Now let's add a sheet border and title block.…Let's go to our Dims and Notes tool set,…bottom left corner of the screen…and right there Sheet Border.…Let's click on that and it recognizes the page area.…So we have that sheet border there.…Let's snap to the center,…click once and click again to finish that.…
And let's keep the defaults…but let's change the title block.…So let's click on None…and then under defaults,…let's look at this specific symbol.…Let's use this title block.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.