Set up the file for the course project.
- And so it begins, if Vectorworks opened up…and created a new untitled1 file,…go ahead and use that.…Otherwise, let's create a new file,…going up to the File pull-down,…click onNnew, and in this dialogue box,…we can create a blank document or use a template.…So go ahead and create a file using a pre-made template.…Right now it's Architect (Imperial).sta.…Let's select Fundamentals (Imperial).sta,…in the Fundamentals version of Vectorworks,…that may be your only option.…
So let's hit okay.…Now we have an untitled file.…Under the File pull-down, let's click on Save As.…Let's navigate to our chapter folder,…so 02.04, and let's rename this myTableDesign…or something equally clever.…I'm going to hit save, that'll save it as a .vwx file.…Now let's create some design layers.…
Since we're also going to be creating classes,…let's go ahead and create these layers and classes…in the organization window.…So let's go up to our Tools pull-down…or any one of these other buttons,…the Layers button or the Classes button,…but let's go to Tools, Organization,…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.