This video looks at the new Resource Manager is arranged.
- [Voiceover] The Resource Manager…is a new feature in Vectorworks 2017.…It provides a centralized location that access…different assets, such as symbols, line types,…and textures that you may need in your work.…This saves us a lot of time.…If you don't already have the Resource Manager open,…you can access it by going to the Windows pulldown,…under Palettes, and Resource Manager.…Notice we have a keyboard shortcut, Command + R…to bring that up, and there is our resource manager.…Now, it's just the top bar.…
When we hover over this bar, then it opens up.…This is set to auto-hide, by default.…So, if you're like me, and you don't want…to keep having this pop in and out,…you can set this so that it stays open,…by going to the left side of that top bar,…and clicking on that minus sign, andturn it into a plus.…And so, now, this automatically stays open.…But, if you want to hide the Resource Manager,…or put it away when you don't need it anymore,…use the keyboard shortcut Command + R to open it up,…and close it again.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.