Draft and edit the table project with more 2D drawing tools.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created the front…and side views of the table, let's create the top view.…We don't need that sketch anymore, so let's go ahead…and turn that off.…So, by going to the info bar, let's click on layers,…and that brings up our organization window…for design layers.…Right now sketch is visible, so let's go to the visibility…and click on the center column, and make sure that's off.…But while we're here, we notice that the table legs…are active.…We're going to be working on the table top, so let's go ahead…and make that the active design layer, and hit OK.…
Now let's zoom in, I'm going to scroll wheel into…the front view of the table,…and while I have my selection tool active,…I'm going to go ahead and click and drag over the lines…of that table top.…I'm going to hover over the selected objects,…but I'm going to click on the alt or option key…on the keyboard.…And you notice that the cursor changes,…we have a plus sign on there.…Let's click and drag, and we'll notice that it's…going to create a duplicate of the selected objects…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.