Look at other more advanced modeling features like Subdivision Modeling, NURBS and Wall tools.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a basic understanding…of 3D modeling in Vectorworks,…let's take a look at a few more features.…So far, we've only been modeling…hard surface polygonal models.…Let's take a look at how we can create…curved surfaces.…We'll go to Model,…and Create Subdivision Primitive.…So, a subdivision primitive…is a polygon…that has been smoothed out, essentially.…So, it's like a lump of clay.…So, let's just stay with the sphere, and hit okay.…Now, let's click in the screen,…and now we have a sphere,…or sphere-ish thing,…and you'll notice it has a box around it.…
That box is essentially a cube…that is smoothed out.…Let's take a look at how we can edit this.…Let's go to Tool Sets,…and make sure that we have our…3D modeling tool set selected,…and by clicking on the Edit Subdivision tool,…we now have access to the different planes,…and edges, and vertices,…that create this box that shapes the sphere.…So, this is what's called a cage,…this box that we have here,…and if we click on one of these objects,…the edge, we have this manipulator.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.