Learn how to navigate in the 3D views within Vectorworks.
- [Instructor] Within the 3D environment,…navigation and wayfinding is critical.…Let's see how to navigate in the 3D views…within Vectorworks.…As we've seen before, we can pan, zoom in,…and flyover our scenes.…I'm using the key commands and mouse scroll wheel…and middle mouse button.…Now we can see that this is a 3D view.…So I'm going to go up to the pull-down…for the different views that we have.…This is the Current View.…I'm going to set this to Top/Plan view.…
So this is the view that we have…when we're drawing in two dimensions,…but when we go into a 3D world,…we have a few pre-set views that we can select.…So I'd go up to the pull-down menu…where we have it set to Top/Plan,…and then let's just take a look at what happens…when we click on Top.…Should be the same.…It actually is a bit different.…And then this dialog box shows up,…which tells us that there is a way…that we can change how the 3D view is going to look…when we move from the Top/Plan view…to any of the other pre-set 3D views.…
So let's go ahead and just go to the Settings…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.