Review the cleanup process including ensuring correct alignment, adding a thumbnail icon, and giving each object a material.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a symbol of our table,…let's spiffy it up a bit by aligning it correctly,…adding a thumbnail icon,…and giving each object a material.…You can follow along with your own file,…or with the one that's in the exercise files folder.…First, let's examine our new symbol…by placing it in the view.…You Command R to bring up the Resource Manager.…And then you open files.…And you have our file selected,…and here are all of our symbols.…There's myTable.…So that icon doesn't really represent the table to well.…
Let's right mouse click on it.…Let's go down to the Set Thumbnail View.…Let's set that to Right isometric.…That's a little bit better.…Now let's double click on that…and close the Resource Manager again.…Let's place that in our scene.…There you go.…Let's drop the tool with the x key.…Let's take a look at how this is.…It's looking good except it's a little bit short.…It's actually going underground.…So that means that the insertion point…is in the wrong place.…
So let's double click on the symbol,…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.