Learn about more editing tools to finish the table.
- [Instructor] Now that we've created elements,…let's take a look at how we can edit them further.…As we see here with our side view and front view…of the table top,…they are not polygons,…they are actually separate lines.…Do that.…So what we can do is select all of these…lines that form the table top.…I'm going to use my selection tool to draw a marquis…around the top.…And we'll go up to the modify pull down menu…and halfway down this list, we have compose.…When you click on this,…what this does is it takes all of those…lines that are connected, that are touching anyway…and it composes it into a single polygon.…
Now that is a rectangle that we manipulate.…So let's do the same thing for the other table top.…Selecting that and modify, compose.…Now we have cleaned up table tops.…So we want to add a little bit of rounding to this table top.…Let's go up to the top view.…And I want to round that corner.…Let's go to the top left corner of that table top.…And go to the filet tool.…Now this will create a filet between two lines.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.