This video goes over the small project that will be followed throughout the course—a table design
- [Instructor] One of the best ways to learn any software…is to just dive in.…By going through the Vectorworks process,…we'll familiarize ourselves with tools, processes,…and most importantly, pitfalls.…In the following chapters,…we'll go through a simple table project.…We'll first set up our files and import reference drawings,…then we'll draw up the 2D design of the table.…We'll also take a 3D modeling approaching,…ultimately saving our table as a reusable resource…called a symbol.…We'll get familiar with the new resource manager,…this'll help us organize and apply different kinds…of resources to our project.…
And with a strong finish,…we'll bring it all together…and export the final presentation.…Now that we have a game plan, let's have at it.…
- Getting to know the UI
- Understanding design layers
- Utilizing classes
- Setting up design layers
- Working with drafting and design tools
- Getting around the 3D environment
- Reviewing the 3D modeling workflow
- Using the resource manager
- Working with viewports
- Exporting files
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
1. Getting to Know The UI
2. Drawn to Vectorworks
3. Drafting and Design Tools
4. 3D Modeling
5. Resource Managment
6. Bringing It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.