In this video, start a fully functional Vault server.
- [Instructor] Now let's try to see if we can get…the Vault status, execute Vault status.…If you see this error, it's because…the environment variable that Vault needs…to connect to the server isn't present.…We can fix that,…export vault_ADDR=http://0.0.0.0:8200.…Let's try again, Vault status.…We see that we've connected to the Vault server,…but it's not yet initialized.…
The next step is to initialize the Vault.…We do that with Vault operator init.…This is a critical step that displays the unseal keys.…Each unseal key is a shard of the master key.…It's very important that these unseal keys…be stored in a secure separate locations from each other.…Now let's try to log in with the route token.…We can copy that and execute Vault login,…paste the route token, and attempt to log in.…
Once again we get an error,…because the Vault is currently sealed.…Our next step is to unseal the Vault.…In order to do that we use…the command Vault operator unseal.…And now we need one of the five unseal keys.…Scroll up, I'm going to grab the first one,…
- What is Vault?
- Using the dev server
- Working with Vault secrets engines
- Adding policies to Vault
- Running and using Vault
- Configuring the database secrets engine
- Implementing Vault
- Integrating Jenkins with Vault
- Using the Vault API
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Vault
2. Getting Started with Vault
3. Running and Using Vault
4. Implementing Vault
5. Using the Vault API
Next steps with Vault1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.