In this video, discover the database secret engine setup and generation of dynamic database credentials.
- [Instructor] I'll use Visual Studio code…and the integrated terminal to demonstrate…the database secrets engine.…If your containers are already running,…you'll need to reset them.…From the Exercise Files root directory,…execute docker-compose down.…Then bring them back up with docker-compose up -d.…We'll now need to initialize and unseal the vault server,…vault operator init.…
Now we need to unseal it.…Copy the first unseal key, vault operator unseal,…paste in the key, and two more times, and we're logged in.…Our next step is to enable the database secrets engine,…vault secrets enable database, and it's enabled.…The next set of commands are rather lengthy,…so I saved them here in setup_commands.txt…under the mariadb folder.…
I'll go over them and then we can copy and paste them…into the integrated terminal.…The first command here, writes a configuration…to the database secrets engine.…The path is database/config/my-mariadb,…which is the name we've given to this configuration.…The plug-in name is mysql-database-plugin,…
- What is Vault?
- Using the dev server
- Working with Vault secrets engines
- Adding policies to Vault
- Running and using Vault
- Configuring the database secrets engine
- Implementing Vault
- Integrating Jenkins with Vault
- Using the Vault API
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Vault
2. Getting Started with Vault
3. Running and Using Vault
4. Implementing Vault
5. Using the Vault API
Next steps with Vault1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.