Are your Windows apps underperforming? Discover how to use the Locks and Wait analysis in Intel's VTune Amplifier to identify and remove deadlocks.
- Hello, I'm Thomas Pantels and welcome to the Windows Performance Tools series where we look at Intel's VTune Amplifier to perform deadlock analysis. In this course you'll discover how to use the Locks and Waits analysis that Intel's VTune Amplifier provides. This analysis is used to identify one of the most common reasons for inefficient parallel execution within an application, threads waiting too long on synchronization objects will result in poor processor utilization. By knowing where to look in the source code and what changes to make, we will remove the deadlock and the optimized version will execute much faster.
If you optimize an application on the Windows platform, quite frequently you'll see the same benefits on both Android and Apple devices. Now let's get started.
By the end of this course you will know how to use the Locks and Waits analysis on your own application and improve the efficiency of parallel task execution on Windows.
- Installing VTune Amplifier
- Choosing options for the Locks and Waits analysis
- Working with the VTune Amplifier GUI
- Viewing the analysis summary
- Removing the lock
- Conducting lock-removed analysis
- Comparing results