Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video The listing headline, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Your VRBO property headline will appear in search results…and at many different points…throughout the VRBO host portal.…The headline is your first impression, so make it count.…When you've got multiple accommodations listed…on VRBO, the headline also serves…to help you differentiate your spaces.…An average headline isn't going to work.…It must be great.…Let's review some headlines.…I've got this cozy little apartment,…located in the heart of Los Angeles,…with a great view of the Hollywood sign.…"Comfy Castle" would be a horrible title,…since it's hardly descriptive and offers…no sense of what's being rented.…
"Great Hollywood Apartment" is good but not great…and still hasn't quite got the teeth needed…to start a flood of bookings.…And here's a few more poor examples.…Here's a brief list of headlines…that grab attention and would be suitable.…Each one shares a compelling idea…that gets your attention quickly…and encourages further exploration by a prospective guest.…Focus on using words that share key benefits of the space.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.