Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- [Voiceover] The content of this course is provided with the understanding that it's not a substitute for consulting a licensed attorney or other professional to research and understand the laws of your jurisdiction. Some cities have laws that restrict the ability to host paying guests for short periods. These laws are often part of a city's zoning or administrative code. Some cities require registration, permits, or licenses before listing properties or hosting guests. There are a few cities that prohibit short term bookings altogether.
Failure to research and follow the rules may result in fines or other enforcement. You should review your local laws before listing a space. Lynda.com and the author expressly disclaim liability for any damages, loss, or risk, incurred as a direct or indirect consequence, from the use and application of any content in this course.
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.