- You don't need to be an interior decorator…to do a good job presenting your space.…A little decor goes a long way.…While decor is the furnishing and decorating of a space,…an amenity is a desirable or useful feature…of an accommodation.…When the two collide,…you can delight guests…with decor that is both interesting and functional.…In a rustic farmhouse, a wrought iron door knocker…carries more cache than an electronic buzzer.…A rattan ceiling fan would be a fitting amenity…for an oceanfront villa in Bali.…
If you're living in humid, wet climates,…a sheer bed canopy offers a visually stunning presentation…and a way to ward off pesky flying insects…that may wander into the space.…Beautiful cedar planks can liven up a closet…while keeping moths away.…Something like antique measuring cups…are an appealing decor item…and also an amenity for those guests…who love to cook and actually use them.…If you've got two trees close together,…string an old-fashioned hammock between them…for a comfortable hangout that's also visually interesting.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.