Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Stocking the kitchen, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Whether or not to stock the kitchen for a guest check in…requires some careful thought.…A nice bottle of wine, some pillow chocolates,…and a warm welcome card may do the trick…for someone staying a few nights.…At a minimum a guest should have dishes,…pots and pans, flatware,…knives, glasses and mugs,…coffeepot or coffee press,…salt and pepper, napkins,…and for guests paying more, consider some other treats.…Here's a few that will build equity and ensure happy guests:…breakfast cereal or instant oatmeal,…milk, bottled water,…OJ,…fresh fruit like apples, oranges, or bananas,…nutrition bars, granola, or trail mix,…and if you love baking,…try homemade brownies, cookies, or other pastries.…
Stock the kitchen according to the number of days…your guests are staying,…and budget accordingly.…Check in with your guests…to discover any special dietary restrictions.…A word to the wise, however,…know your audience.…If you host mostly business travelers,…they'll use a company card…to eat at restaurants or order food delivered.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.