Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Small touches that improve guest experience, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- I firmly believe that the fastest way…to gain trust and appreciation from guests…is great service and communication.…I also pay attention to the habits of my guests…and speak to my housekeepers to gain valuable information…to improve the guest experience.…Guests will go out and buy additional items for their stay,…and as I compile a list of these items,…I can see which ones make sense to add.…Small touches do matter.…Having power strips at desks and at the bedside…are clearly important and provide convenience and comfort.…
If you find that you're hosting a lot of guests…who love to cook, add plastic storage containers…and resealable plastic storage bags…for guests who book longer stays.…I offer ear plugs at bedside for light sleepers…and a white noise machine is a great way for guests…to mask outside sounds if they prefer not to use earplugs.…My rentals are all in California,…and flying insects are at a minimal issue here.…Screens keep them out.…If you're in a climate that simply…attracts insects in swarms, put some insect repellent…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.