Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up a domain to promote your VRBO listing, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Setting up a domain name is a clever and…low cost way to easily direct prospective guests…to your VRBO listing.…A vanity URL can be set up to help you promote…your VRBO listing by using a web address…that's easy to remember.…A simple way to do this is to use…the street address.…A property located at 4225 Main Street…becomes the URL 4225main.com.…Registering domains and redirecting your…VRBO listing page is fast and easy.…
Simple go to the domain registrar,…GoDaddy in this case, and enter the domain.…Search the domain.…And if it's available, go ahead and register it.…Then continue to the cart.…Then go ahead and place your order…for the domain name.…Now that we're done, we can go ahead…and set up domain forwarding.…Click Manage the Domain, and then scroll down to the…forwarding section.…Click on Manage.…And then click Add Forwarding.…
You'll notice that the http is already added,…so we'll need to remove that when pasting in the URL.…To get the VRBO listing URL, you need to be signed in.…And then click on your name.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.