Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Scouting your competition, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- As with any business, you have to maintain…a competitive spectrum of amenities…and price to value ratio…for your specific location.…Let's take a look at some accommodations offered…by other hosts prior to preparing a listing.…From the VRBO homepage, go ahead and input…your city location.…Instead of putting in specific dates, go ahead…and check this box here.…Select the number of guests that your place…will comfortably accommodate and then click Search.…If you get a lot of results that may mean you'll…have fierce competition.…
Fewer listings could mean less people…had success and stopped listing their properties…or it could mean more opportunity when someone wants…to book in your area.…You can see the overall average of prices.…Pricing will be fluid and you'll be adjusting…based upon demand.…Our real focus here is seeing what amenities…are offered for accommodations for two people…in the immediate area.…The interactive map will allow you…to click on specific properties and review them.…Be sure you review accommodations that…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.