Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Safety, trust, and setting up your profile, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- VRBO is a safe trading platform.…To become a member of the site, verifications are required.…If you're sharing a space in home, yours or someone else's,…then additional layers of vetting can be…added if you feel they're needed.…Some hosts take a picture of the guest ID…upon check-in as a security measure.…I've never had a reason to be concerned,…and I don't do that.…Because I'm using VRBO to process credit card payments,…I know that my money is secure…and that the guests in my accommodation…are real people who are accountable.…
After all, they've provided ID and a credit card number…prior to staying with me.…VRBO charges guests when their reservation is confirmed…and then I receive my VRBO payment electronically…24 hours after my guest checks in.…Now trust is established through good communication,…a complete profile and community reviews.…When you receive a booking inquiry,…you can continue the conversation before…you make a decision to extend your rental to the guest.…While a detailed explanation of this…will be covered in this course,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.