Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviews, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- I've never asked for a single review.…My position on that is a simple one.…Begging for reviews can backfire.…But guests may have had an OK experience…but wasn't willing to trash your reputation online.…A request for review seems a bit pushy to me.…Perhaps that guest who was on the fence…might find your request a bit too bold…and leave you a less than favorable review.…Let's talk about reviews.…You're not allowed to leave…personally identifiable information in a review…such as last name or address.…You'll need to be signed in to access reviews.…
Click on your name…and then click on Owner Dash.…Then select the property.…Then on the left-hand side, click Reviews.…You can sort these guest reviews in a variety of ways,…but I'm sticking with the default…which is to sort by the date of stay.…If you insist on asking a past guest for a review…you can click on the Request Review option…and email the guest this template.…Go ahead and put in their email address…and optionally you can send yourself a copy.…
Then click Sent.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.