Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Reaching out during the stay, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Whether you're hosting your guests in your own home…or offering a vacation rental space,…it's important to have an open line of communication…with your guests while not overdoing it.…Share your mobile phone number…and let your guests know…that you're available if they need you.…Unless meals are included in the rates you've charged,…a friendly hello and goodbye each day is courteous…when you have in-home guests…but I'd avoid asking too many personal questions.…Let them come to you to start a conversation.…In all cases be sure to connect with your guests…shortly after check in.…
Every three or four days check in with your guests…to see if fresh towels and linens are needed…or if a bed change is required.…While it's okay to expect your guests…to change their own bed, if you provide linens,…you should go ahead and provide new ones…at the frequency you've promised.…Guests will appreciate clean towels and sheets.…During the time that your guest is staying…answer questions quickly with care…and with full detailed responses.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.