Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Promoting your VRBO rental, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- With your vanity URL,…and armed with a $20 box of business cards,…you can really put your promotion into high gear.…Share your business cards with local businesses…and let them know you offer a great place…for their business associates to stay…when coming into town.…In Burbank, we have a bunch of…television and motion picture studios,…and we're not far from an airport.…This provides a continuous stream of business.…Hand your card out to neighbors.…Relatives need a place to stay when visiting family,…and being closer is always better.…
Imagine the convenience as family can connect…just steps away from each other.…Aside from proactive promotion of your accommodation,…be sure you're letting friends and family know about it.…Making connections will sell more room nights,…and you can tactfully ask guests…to recommend your place to their friends…who'd like to visit the area.…A personal recommendation is very powerful,…and someone recommending a place…is more likely to be convincing,…even with your glowing reviews.…
Check the local events calendar in your city.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.