Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing a house manual, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- A house manual serves a few essential purposes.…It covers the basics about the accommodation,…how to operate key features of the space,…can also provide recommended local businesses,…and serves as a notice of the house rules.…There's no one size fits all approach to preparing…a house manual and it doesn't have to be fancy.…Here's a complete list of what I cover in mine.…First of all, in the heading I print the guests name.…This personal touch has been appreciated time and again…by guests who immediately feel at home and appreciated.…
Then I put my full contact details,…including my name, phone, and email,…plus a warm welcome message.…Then comes the property address,…so that guests can order delivery…or provide their address to local friends or family.…Since there's weekly street cleaning,…I explain the parking restrictions,…including days of the week and times.…Then I provide the WiFi login details.…Later in the manual, I'll discuss house rules,…but the most common rules are stated here on the first page,…which is no smoking and no pets on the property.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.