Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Post-stay followup, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- I've noticed that online merchants and retailers…are literally begging for feedback,…and a good percentage of the time…when I use a website,…I'm likely to receive a generic survey…or some sort of feedback request.…I strongly caution you against this.…In the prior movie, I shared that…I never ask a guest for a review…and I never elude to it.…I focus on servicing the needs of my guests…in the best way I know possible.…Building a business is hard work…and keeping guests happy…requires focus and effort.…
Let's cover what a post-stay follow-up should look like.…First of all, any lost or found items…should be returned to the guest immediately.…Regardless of how trivial the item may seem,…personal attention to these things matters.…I hosted a guest from the company Netflix…and he left a Netflix beach towel at my accommodation.…I immediately emailed him…and asked for his shipping address.…I returned it at my expense,…which was a trivial amount of postage and packing,…and he was incredibly grateful.…
A post-stay follow-up is a great way to ensure…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.