Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning for ongoing maintenance and wear and tear, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Managing a rental business requires a shift of thinking.…You may be inclined to splurge on the best of everything,…but remember that you'll be renting to a variety of people…with an equally diverse number of habits.…Buying expensive blinds won't make sense…because many guests will push down on them…to peer out a window, and over time,…this causes the blinds to bend or break.…It would make more sense to purchase good quality blinds…that are modestly priced and easily replaced.…I buy mine online, and the vendor keeps the measurements…in their computer, and even allows me to type in…a description of each blind ordered…so that I can match it to the specific apartment and window.…
Silly little things like faucet aerators will need…to be cleaned or replaced on a regular basis.…Toilets will run on, and washers need replacing.…Despite the urban legends to the contrary,…it's easy to do most of the maintenance yourself.…I learned by teaching myself how to do it,…and I ask questions.…And things will get broken.…Expect it and plan for it.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.