Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Photography, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- In my opinion, photography is the…single most important aspect of your listing,…and should receive your sharpest focus…and greatest attention.…While you can capture great photos using a smartphone,…if you can hire a professional photographer, I recommend it.…But before you sink money into photos,…let's cover photography essentials.…Maybe you'll find that you're up for the challenge.…VRBO requires at least six photographs…for every accommodation listing with a maximum of 24.…Here's a few technical notes.…Photos should be in JPEG format.…
Photos are limited to 7MB, and if they're…much smaller than 7MB, step up the resolution settings…so they don't appear pixelated.…If they're larger than 7MB, drop the resolution setting…until you get it just right.…This cuts out the need for tons of editing.…If you're using a smartphone, you should be okay.…But if you go over this size, explore your app store…for editing tools to resize images.…If you hire a professional photographer,…ask them to shoot at the highest possible resolution,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.