Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing checkout, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Let's talk about the checkout.…If you're hiring a housekeeper to manage the cleaning…of your accommodations, schedule their arrival…to coincide with the guests' checkout time.…If you've got guests arriving later the same day,…it's important to get started on time.…The space should be checked for any damaged…or missing items, and while it is rare, it does happen.…A missing towel, or a broken tumbler should…not be cause to contact your guest with an angry…email or a phone call. It's part of doing business,…and while it happens with little frequency, it does happen.…
I do not charge guests for broken dishes or glasses,…since I don't buy expensive ones.…A damaged or missing towel also occurs on occasion.…Look at the bigger picture. Some wear and tear is normal,…and that includes "shrinkage", which is the term…used for missing or damaged items.…If anything serious is at issue, photos should be taken…at the time it's discovered.…If you're not present during the cleaning,…ask your housekeeper to notify you "thumbs up",…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.