Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Making more money through staycations, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Tighter family budgets have caused…discretionary spending for vacations to shrink,…and many folks can no longer afford…lavish annual vacations to faraway lands.…Staycations are nothing new, yet all the rage.…"Staycation" is merely a term for spending time…locally to explore new and unfamiliar places.…Traveling can be exhausting,…and offering a staycation provides…a welcome retreat for couples or individuals…wanting to escape their daily routines.…Share the idea with friends and family,…see who needs a relaxing stay away from home.…
Couples love to hire a babysitter…or leave children with the family,…and take a few days off to themselves.…If you're involved with any clubs or organizations,…post a flyer up on the bulletin board…and mention your rental business.…Make your staycation package more attractive…by offering your guests ideas for unique…and interesting local attractions,…including parks, festivals,…recommended fine dining,…hiking and biking excursions,…or if you're located near a beach, directing them…to the best swimming and surfing spots,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.