Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Living room tips, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The core of every living room, is comfortable seating.…For each bedroom in the accommodation,…you'll need two seating spaces in the living room.…A studio apartment can have comfortable chairs.…Chairs that you can tuck away in the closet…are even better because of the limited space.…In a one-bedroom, you'll want a love-seat or sofa…that seats at least two.…A two bedroom requires a sofa for four people,…and you can keep scaling this up…as you increase the number of beds.…You can mix a sofa and some individual recliners,…or go with a combination of comfortable chairs and a sofa,…depending on your budget.…
Moving furniture is a bear, so order in-home delivery,…and you'll thanks me, and you'll save your back as well.…I don't recommend fabric.…I prefer leather, bonded leather, or high quality vinyl.…Spills will happen,…and it's easier to clean surfaces that don't absorb liquids.…Always pick comfort over aesthetics.…If you can have comfort and aesthetics,…for an affordable price, then you're in an ideal situation.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.