Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Lighting considerations, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Lighting is very important to any living space,…and for an accommodation, your guests…are often coming to an unfamiliar town,…and arriving at a property where they've had…no prior experience, often after dark,…and in many instances.…I've had check-ins arriving at 2 AM in the morning…and aside from the fact that I always advise…my late check-ins to remember to be quiet,…out of respect for their neighbors and…for other tenants in my buildings, I want…their arrival to feel safe and welcome.…My policy is to leave the lights on for them,…and the AC or the heat, depending on the season.…
While this isn't the most cost effective policy,…my guests love and appreciate it.…It's uncomfortable arriving to a dark…and strange place, and a well-lit rental…feels safer and more welcoming.…Here's a few tips.…Replace incandescent lighting with…compact, fluorescent, or LED bulbs.…They are more expensive, but having to…replace a burned out bulb is a real cost…in terms of your time, so they're not only…going to be using less electricity,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.