Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Kitchen tips, part of Making Money with VRBO.
- Equipping a kitchen that feels gourmet yet escapes…a housekeeping nightmare can be a challenge,…but I've got some tricks to help you.…If you're renting high-end, luxury accommodations,…it makes sense to have a ton of cool kitchen gadgets…because you can pass along the cleaning fees to your guests.…For more modestly priced and middle-of-the-road rentals,…I opt for streamlining things.…First of all, empty the drawers…and lay everything out and look at it.…Do you really need a lemon zester, a pineapple corer,…or five different kinds of spatulas?…Remove the blender, the food processor,…or other stuff that's not likely to be used.…
Fancy microwaves are a chore to figure out,…and I've regressed to using a simpler dial-type.…I've vanquished the coffee maker in favor of a French press.…It's easier to clean and cheaper to replace if it breaks.…I replaced a drawer full of knives…with a simple and affordable set in a wooden block.…A water kettle is a must, and this type…comes off the base without its cord.…Very handy.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
Christopher Matthew Spencer, a successful VRBO host, first acquaints viewers with VRBO and the requirements—both in terms of mindset and property—needed to venture into the VRBO world. Then you'll learn how to prep a property, stock it with amenities that will garner 5-star reviews, and craft an attention-getting listing that covers everything from the listing headline to property descriptions and guides. The course also explores how to manage guest interactions, deal with housekeeping and maintenance, and promote listings outside of VRBO. Start watching to learn how you can profit from this great sharing economy platform.
- Evaluating whether VRBO is right for you
- Writing about and photographing the property
- Establishing a price for your VRBO rental
- Planning for ongoing maintenance
- Preparing the kitchen, bedroom(s), and other spaces
- Stocking your rental with amenities
- Scouting the competition
- Managing guest interactions, including check-in and checkout
- Working with guest feedback
- Promoting your VRBO rental
Skill Level Beginner
1. An Overview of VRBO
2. Preparing Your Property
4. Ready, Set, Go! Getting Up and Running on VRBO
5. Service Is Your Brand: Managing Guest Interactions
6. Housekeeping and Maintenance
7. Working with Guest Feedback
8. Tips for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.